Try to avoid or minimize the following sensitizing factors:
1. colorant and fragrance in your skin care products as well as in shampoos and deodorants
2. allergens such as honey or citruses (applied topically)
3. aggressive cleansing and peeling products such as based on AHA-acids
4. skincare products containing alcohol
5. anti-aging products containing retinol
6. beauty procedures that can be traumatizing for your skin such as mesotherapy and microdermabrasion
7. direct and long UV light exposure
8. Extreme temperatures either hot (e.g. sauna, solarium) or cold
9. Excess of alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, spicy and salty food
General rules for taking care of sensitive skin:
1. Use very mild cleanser. With sensitive skin it is better to cleanse your face several times than use a stronger and more abrasive product just once.
2. Trust the experts to exfoliate your skin or use a very mild exfoliating product. It is very hard to select an exfoliator, be it a mechanical scrub or enzyme product, that would not damage sensitive skin.
3. Moisturize religiously. Sensitive skin tends to lose moisture. And moisture is a key condition to having healthy balanced skin.
4. Protect your skin from UV light at any season. Due to impaired barrier function sensitive skin is especially susceptible to free radical damage from UV light.
Sensitive Skin Care
Treat sensitive skin with special care.
Skin Care Ingredients
Look deeper. What's inside your moisturizer and cleanser?
Sensitive Skin Product
Skin care lines specially developed for sensitive skin.
To make the best of your daily skin care adjust it to your skin type.